Thursday 12 June 2014

To my Dad......with Love.

I really love my father, am sure every girl does. Even when he had a reason or reasons to punish or beat me, it was done out of love. His simple commandment for I and my siblings was "don't let me warn you a third time". That simply meant we would get punished if we committed the same offence 3 times.

I remember when I passed my common entrance exam, he got me a whole bottle of fanta and to remind me of the joy on his face, we took a picture with the fanta. His smile was filled with extraordinary joy and am so sure he couldn't but Thank God. On my first day at secondary school, he drove me to school. He was always there.

He has always remained my protector, my best man, my confidant, my trainer, my bestfriend and the only man who wouldn't even think of breaking my heart. I look forward to that special day he'll walk me down the aisle to a man who he's sure enough would take up all my his qualities and responsibilities.

No doubt, I can see into the future that my dad would shed a tear or two on that day because he'll only be doing what nature demands him to do(give me out in marriage). Not minding the fact he wouldn't see me often or get my calls as to asking him what meal to make for him; he'll only hope am as happy as he had always planned.

To the best dads we all have, and to some who have gone to rest with their maker, God bless all of them because they'll forever be our Kings and we'll always be their princesses!

Happy Father's day in advance. 

8 comments:

  1. I don't understand how God made it but there is just this special bond between father and daughter that never fades. I am sure we would love to see the picture with the fanta bottle if you can dig it up... hahaha! How blessed we are to have known and experienced our fathers love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely write up. makes fatherhood sound such a lovely experience cant wait to be 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And am sure you'll be a great father. Thanks Oluwole.

      Delete
  3. Nice one... Not all daughters enjoy their fathers but will always appreciate them though..

    ReplyDelete