Friday 6 June 2014

Love me, Feed me, Never leave me PART 4...........♡♥♡

He didn't even need to ask again, I had become his a month ago. I hurriedly opened the box and to my surprise, it had a box of chocolates, a bunch of red roses, five valentine cards, a designer wristwatch and three tickets to the Comedy Show to hold the next day at the Muson Centre, Lagos. Was wondering why I had three tickets, until I saw the names on each. My mum's name was on one, my name was on the other and his name on the last one.

Another point about a good man- he loves family. I was glad my mum was going to join us to the show. She had been long bored since my father passed on and all my siblings got married and I had to go to work every other day.

Saturday came in no time and he was at my door step at about 11.20am. Although I was a bit tired after the long night call, I told myself to be strong. We had lunch together and watched some TV programmes whilst my mum had a church member visit briefly. It was time to get ready for the show and we did in no time.

After having fun for about three hours, he dropped us at home. My mum used style to ask questions about his background. Guess she felt comfortable in her spirit that he was a good man. We attended church service together the next day. Had lunch at my house but he left earlier than usual to get ready for the new week.

Our lives were perfect at the time. Forgot to tell you; he stopped dropping me home but by then he had introduced me to a friend( a lady) who lived close to me. I didn't mind; of course, I was trying not to be selfish. The months ran and it was my birthday on the 13th June. I had the sweetest delivery ever because this time, Michael was the delivery guy. We both had lunch at my office's cafeteria and I was glad he made my day.

The love affair wasn't as easy as I had imagined but we decided that on days we fought, we had to settle before the end of the next day. My mum always knew those bad days. She'll only look at me and say "Behave yourself ooooo, because in marriage, you're likely to fight more, and by then you'll have no choice than to sleep in the same bed with your enemy".

We prayed together, kissed and cuddled when necessary (but we never had sex although the temptations were high), went for lovely outings with friends and family, and everyone knew me as his "iyawo"(wife).

Michael had travelled to Port-Harcourt for two whole weeks and I had missed him dearly although we spoke at least one hour every night. I picked him up from the airport with his car, which he had dropped with me and drove him home. To my utmost surprise there were many cars parked outside his compound. I asked, "Is someone having a party on your street?". None that I know of, he said.

His sister ran out to us and said hello sweeties. Welcome back Michael, I really missed you. And thank you Temidara (that's me) for not coming to check up on me because Michael wasn't around. We laughed and teased each other as we climbed the stairs into the house.

The door was wide open and all of a sudden.............I could count about 40people in the not so large sitting room. Was the party at their house? And for what reason didn't I know about it? As so many questions ran into my brain, I turned to look at Michael, and behold, he was on his KNEE with the best ring I had ever seen.

Temidara, please be my wife! I froze. For real o, I froze. I can't still remember anything that happened in the sweetest two minutes of my life, but I remember he slid the ring into my fourth finger.

Everyone clapped and laughed and from nowhere, his sister Ebun, brought out a beautiful cake with the inscription "AND SHE SAID YES".

To be continued............

2 comments:

  1. Congratulationsssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. suspense is too much jor....can you just post the remaining part of the story in the next episode.

    ReplyDelete