Wednesday 4 June 2014

love me, feed me, never leave me.......Part 2.

"O how I love weddings, but mine is probably not coming anytime soon", I said to myself. At least, I'll have to have a boyfriend first. And so am here in this large city, I come across at least 500 able-minded men everyday. The ones in cars don't even look at me, not to talk of give me a ride, the ones who have leggedes benz don't even halt to say Hi. I go to church almost everyday & am even an usher; yet nothing.

Its almost my 25th birthday, that time of the year I dread. Reason being that my mother always has to tell me the story of how she stopped having kids at the age of 24 just because she married at 19. Really? Are we the same? I wonder!

And so on the 13th of January, 2014.....I looked forward to my busy monday life in Lagos. My braided hair was well packed & I was all suited. I got to my office and after saying my little prayer, my eyes caught the best male shoes I have ever seen. Smiling already, being a customer care attendant, I said "Hello". His smile melted my heart in two seconds. He asked to sit, Can you imagine? I didn't ask him to sit.

My name is Michael Akin & I am a Petroleum Engineer, he said. I saw you walking down the road but was trying to get a place to park my car so I'll stop to say hi. You are really pretty, he continued and I would love to hang out with you. Don't worry, am a nice boy & I have three sisters. So you'll be safe.

Am sure every other person was wondering why I was smiling sheepishly. Did I just hear him well? Did he say he had to park his car so he'll say Hi to me. Did he just ask me out on a date? Trust me nah, I quickly gave him my complimentary card & pointed out my direct private line.

All that happened that morning was Magical. At exactly 12:50pm that same day, the security man in the reception directed a delivery guy to me. It was a cake and the it had "Just because you're PRETTY" on it............

To be continued tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Hmnnnn my dear, love and marriage is a nice experience and d same time it is a school dat u never graduate from if God has blessed ur hme wif peace,unity, love and joy. Whn the right guy cmes u'll nt hv any doubt bout dat. I wish u d best .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madam...this is too short jor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chai there is God o. This kind love story that sounds like novel

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice piece...cant wait for the next episode.

    ReplyDelete