Thursday 5 June 2014

Love me, Feed me, Never leave me .........PART 3♡♥♡

Was I to eat the cake or not? I didn't even have his number to say thank you. Ok now, is this really me? My colleagues had gathered round my table in less than two seconds; am sure some were wondering more than I was. I quickly took a picture of the sweetest cake anyone had ever given me.

Looking forward to seeing Michael again was at the top of my 'to-do' list. I couldn't have thought of a sweet yoruba guy. It was 5.30pm and I suddenly realised how fast the day had gone. The best thing to do is to live and enjoy every moment because time flies. Walking out of the office, I noticed a car parked by the gate. There was a guy in it and my heart skipped ten beats. Hoping it was Michael, I couldn't be too sure since his shoes weren't visible and the car was really tinted. The driver's door opened and behold it was him. I was so glad I had done a touch of makeup before leaving the office. I could feel my smile on top of my head at the time.

Immediately, he hugged me. You should believe when I tell you his perfume was divine. He asked how my day had been? And all I could do was smile & nod at the same time. Time to go home, he said. We spoke all through the traffic from Victoria Island to Ajah and when we were almost at my house, I asked "where do you live". He said "I live in Maryland". What!!!!!!!!!! Maryland??????? And you brought me all this way? You should have told me nah! But you didn't ask, he replied. And moreso, was I to leave you to enter bus or something? No baby, now you are in my life (at which I swallowed more than a gulp of my own saliva) I'll be your driver.

He dropped me off at my house and I was glad I had gotten his number. All I had to do was carry the remaining half of my cake into my house and tell my mother the whole story. I was more than happy that in about two hours I got a reply to the text I had sent him. Glad he was home.

The days went by so fast and it was already 18th January, a lovely saturday. Having dropped me home all week, I suggested I met him at Victoria Island. Who would have thought I'll be having lunch at Cactus Restaurant? Never limit yourself.
We had the best first date ever and saw a movie afterwards. The moments were so sweet and I had no option than to take a picture of us so at least I'll remember him differently from his facebook pictures.

He dropped me home as usual and he got home in less than an hour (light traffic). I slept so well that I already dreamt of myself walking down the aisle.

Weeks passed and once in a while, he'd surprise me. Valentine's day came so fast and I had still not gotten any gift at 4pm. I was worried, maybe he had decided to dump me. Or maybe we became close to fast! I remembered also that he wasn't going to take me home that day because he had a meeting with some clients.......Really, who has meetings on Valentine's day?

I got home hoping I'll see him the next day being a Saturday but to my surprise, there was a big box just beside my mother( who I guessed had been fiddling with it). She smiled and said, this got here at about 3pm but I didn't have credit to call you.

With a small note on it, I read out loud......"Just because I LOVE YOU, Please be MINE", Michael Akin.

To be continued...........

4 comments: