Saturday 7 June 2014

Love me, Feed me, Never leave me. PART 5.........♡♥♡★★★★★

The whole room went so quiet not too long after the proposal drama. I was so certain at the moment that Michael was up to something else. Not even wasting time, I collected another handkerchief from one of his friends because the one I had was so soaked I could . The sound system came on and the lights went dim. "Marry you" by Bruno Mars started to play. I couldn't even think at the moment. By then Michael and I were the only ones in the middle of the room as others observed. He brought out a paper from his chest pocket and read......

"I found the reason to smile the day I saw you because you were nothing short of all I had hoped for. You have given me life in everything you do. Your smile warms my heart when I am feeling sad or doubting my place in this world. You have been supportive in everything I do. Your love fills me with the motivation I need to continue to push forward on this long road of life. You complete the parts that I struggle to perfect within myself. And everyday I realize more and more that life without you in it, by my side, as my wife, would be a life not lived to the fullest. You lift me up, and I want to give you the same kind of joy the rest of our lives. Am glad you've decided to grow old with me Temidara; and I promise you, the best is yet to come".

At that point, I was ready to marry him the next day. But by living the very moment, I kissed him so hard. It was just then I realised he had had tears stored up while he read. I cleaned every bit of his tears with my hands and hugged him tighter.

Everyone clapped and behold, my mum walked in. Ran to give her a big hug and she whispered in my ear, "God answers prayers Temidara, and Michael is your angel sent from heaven to love you and I am sure he'll never leave you". I knew I ought to have asked her why she didn't tell me about the surprise but I concluded it wasn't the right place to. I love you Mum and am glad you came.

We had a few drinks to share and by that time, the cake was all gone. People started to leave later that evening and I said thank you to each and everyone of them including my Mum who had a church meeting to attend and even his sister Ebun who had left with her boyfriend.

It was about 7pm and we were still in each other's arms, when Michael told me to sit and watch. He put a CD into the CD player and my best Westlife Song "Flying without wings" started to play. Still speechless, I watched him mime to the song, and I laughed my heart out. The second song "Today I met the boy I'm gonna marry by Darlene Love, and then the third "Awelewa" by Gabriel Afolayan came up. It was then I realised he had put all my favourite songs into that CD. How romantic could a man get?

I love you so much Michael Akin and am glad I said Yes to our very first date, to our first kiss and  to become your life partner. You make me complete.

We held each other and I prayed. I remember telling God audibly........."Please provide for Michael, his family and my family so we'll both get married on the 14th February, 2015". Thank you God for answering our prayers.

And we lived happily ever after. Of course, with two kids (a boy we named Inumidun( I am happy) and a girl, Opemipo ( a lot of my gratitude).

The End.

9 comments:

  1. Awwww....what a lovely story, onto the next 1, please post another

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I was expecting her to have a shocker awhile after proposal.lol and the absence made it lovely n unpredictable
    Beautiful piece dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wahala. Sooner than later. Thanks Lhardells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it.. You got me mesmerized.. Even thinking it was real

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I actually thought it was your story, I was already tripping! Nice one Oyinade, I hope we wont wait too long to read some more :)
    www.theellaemma.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is my first time commenting and thumbs up on your blog. I read the story it is captivating and makes a girl to dream for her own day to come

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tunbosun, am glad you like it. The day I am hoping for myself#bigsmile

    ReplyDelete