Saturday 31 May 2014

Ask to be Wise!

Living in Abuja isn't such a bad idea. But if you're very sure your parents aren't well to do or you don't have a very fantastic paying job, please stay away. Am amazed at the number of people who wouldn't only enter buses instead of "cheap" cabs but would rather even flag down vehicles for free rides(something I have learnt never to do since the myth of turning to either a goat or yam spread round).

My thoughts have been proven wrong. The whole fantasy of meeting the high class young men or even ladies for business connections, has since been washed away. There are the big areas and the small ones. For me, the biggest hangout spot is Silverbird Entertainment Centre..........but I never see them there. Wondering where they all go to, I really wonder. But a few people I know have met a few of these big ones too, but really, how sure am I they aren't all fake.

I have also come to realise that there's really no middle class here in Abuja unlike in Lagos where I have lived all my life. Living in 1004 Estates, Victoria Island then meant I was a cool child of the Government having also gone to correct Federal Schools. But really, can you be middle class in Abuja When rent in town for a 2 bedroom flat would cost N1.5million? When Creche services cost N75,000 per month( is the baby already a doing Masters?), When a tokunbo car is sold for N800,000 in Lagos but is N1.2million here? Where to rent a shop costs N1.5million( are you selling diamonds) and the list never ends.

I don't like to suffer oooo, but with this high living in Abuja, I wouldn't mind going back to Lagos or even Ibadan( sebi there's kuku shoprite & cinema there now). Wonder if people don't have villages anymore. But really, why suffer in a place when there's peace of mind in another. Be wise as to living your life. Because for me, living life to the fullest is the best God wants for us.

Be wise my dear! Be wise!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. True talk dts Abuja for u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Eko o ni baje! Wisdom is very vital! Nice one.
    Www.theellaemma.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes oooo! Nice blog you have also. Welldone.

      Delete
  3. True talk...but I prefer Abuja for one thing....Lagos is freaking stressful!!!! The traffic and cost of transportation can kill someone...but I guess I'm enjoying abuja because I av my family here so I don't av 2 bother about accomodation...lolz

    ReplyDelete