Thursday 29 May 2014

Proudly 9ja

Am proud of being a Nigerian. Its just not fair that my state doesn't have oil, but not to worry, I hear we have gold.  Its friday and everyone is happy for reasons so wide to list. But the fact we can dress traditionally makes the class so colourful unlike the sober white and black uniforms we always have to wear .

The Niger-Deltans are so excited this morning because their Cultural week comes up soon. Tickets are sold at N500 each, not so bad for all the excitement and fun they have promised. Colourful attires I can see on the stage from my green chair because almost all of them are advertising. 

The most exciting part was the time to give  out free tickets as long as the questions they would ask would be answered correctly. The first question was "What is the name of the president of the Student Representative Council?"; my friend got it right and was handed a free ticket. The second question was "How many states make the Niger-Delta and list them?". I didn't know myself so I asked my friend sitting close to me and she said 9 even though she could metion only 7-good try. But there goes a woman who wants to win the ticket and after saying there are 9 states, she started.......Ondo, Delta, Akwa-Ibom, Edo, *Calabar*. What? Even if you didn't go to the best primary school, you should at least know the states and capital of your beloved country, as I know for sure even her youngest child knows *Calabar* is a capital. Trust law students, the uproar was much more than when politicians fight at their meetings. She sat down in shame whilst we continued to laugh out loud. She didn't even get a ticket for trying but she sure learnt a new thing.

The simplest you can do to the growth of Nigeria is to know the 36 states and their capitals. 

Time for the lecture now, keep smiling till another writeup from the sunny Bwari comes your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment