Friday 30 May 2014

My Ring!

Although the law dinners that made we (the ladies) have only our natural hairs on had since passed, the thought of having any kind of artificial or synthetic hair fixed to my scalp could run me mad. The scorching sun had changed my view of beauty all of a sudden.

It was saturday morning and I was sitting in Aunty Rose's salon in my hostel, hoping to wash and set my short fine hair. But to my amusement,  I met four girls already gisting whilst just one of them made her hair. I'll wait I said to myself and am glad I did because their gist made sense.

Can you imagine he sent her a ring all the way from Lagos? I can't even take it? Who does that? What rubbish? As in? Are you kidding me? -were all questions these soon to be friends of mine went on asking. My own was, though they were friends,  why were they carrying another's person's problems inside leather box and putting theirs in poly bag. Little did I know I was going to contribute my own questions- only for one reason though. Why would any guy send his girlfriend an engagement ring from Lagos expecting her to slide it into her 3rd finger herself........Is he a joker?

Apparently, this girl beign gossiped about is a friend I met early in the year at the same salon and now she's the talk of the hostel.

First rule for me about any proposal is that the guy must be there physically.  Whether or not he kneels on one knee isn't my issue- the expression on his face is all that would matter. Its not even like this boy is in the UK or USA o, he's in Lagos.  Patapata, N5,000 Chisco night bus to Abuja would show he's ready to be her superman forever.

Second is that even if my man can't afford putting up my pictures on the cinema screen whilst a movie is paused for him to propose to me or kneel in the middle of the Palms Shopping Mall, Lekki, Lagos with soft music playing in the background, he could just do it at his house after cooking me dinner or maybe in Mr. Biggs so at least people would clap.

So if you ever feel like engaging your babe, buy the best ring your pocket could get and make it quite romantic. And for the girls, just show you love him by crying as usual while you shout out YES, I WILL.

My hair is all fried now and ready to be flaunted round school and who knows if my Mr. Proposal would be out at the same time. *wink.

6 comments:

  1. At least people would clap?! Lmao!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people would clap and d babe crying part made me laugh...hehehehe....I'm not a fan of public proposal tho...cos I know I wount cry...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had better laugh hard at least..... or look so surprised that you're confused on which to do. Me want public oooo, abeg. *wink

      Delete
  3. He should have waited for her to come back to Lagos or gone to Abuja......I don't mind a public proposal as long as it isn't in a big congregation or crowd

    ReplyDelete