Thursday 12 March 2015

First Love................Forever.

I know it's been a long while.........

Yeah, that was what he said as he looked at me. I could obviously tell though; where his eyes were fixed (those who know, know!) My name is now Oyinade, I really wouldn't like you calling me Yetunde.

Disgusted already by his big boy attitude, I still could remember my friend from way back. The days we had all the time to care about each other and show the love. I remembered us running to the car whenever daddy or his family driver came. I remembered all the times we bought that very colorful ice blocked icecream that after a sip turned to ice. But now, my friend had changed a whole lot too.

Last I heard much about him was in my 400 level when a mutual friend said she had met him in Malaysia. WOW.........OMG......Oyinade, you should have seen him. He's a very big boy now and guess what, he even bought me the Beyonce perfume I had always wanted. After which, he gave me 1000 Malaysian Ringgit which at the time was about N52,000. My friend Lolade had gone on and on about Femi, and even though a bit of jealousy began to creep in, I knew for sure Femi's ways weren't pure and i didn't want that kind of money; because he had sold a kidney( which was the gist i heard).

I missed him after going to different secondary schools but little did I know he was going to change from that sweet honest boy to the this very desperate money maker he had become. But I kinda still felt like kissing those lips of his. That old fantasy from way back. Pardon me,,,,,, did i mention he is still the finest boy I have ever known? He kept on smiling at me and telling me how much he had tried to get my contact even when he was overseas and kept on looking at me like a lion who wouldn't take his eyes off a deer it was to have for lunch; but I still wasn't moved. 

In less than 10 mins, my boo walked up to us just there in the middle of the shopping mall and said....... ''Hello''. Without a blink, i said Oohh, Akin, meet Femi, my childhood friend, the one I told you lived beside Aunty Jumoke (who is my boo's cousin). Then immediately, my dearest Femi replied ''O, hello dude. You're damn lucky to have her. Just make sure you treat her right all the time, if not, we just might be having a private meeting soon so you'll know how to treat a woman.

Of course, i smiled inside. And I was so happy Akin had just been warned. Not because he wasn't loving me the way I would want him to, but I knew he didn't have my time like he used to. That day was probably the first outing we had in 2 months and that was driving me crazy.
                                    
Femi called me in less than an hour and asked if I was home already. He probably didn't notice the rock on my finger but I was glad he called. My boo obviously could tell who was calling but as much as I tried to manage my smile, I even laughed at some point. The conversation lasted about 15 mins and by that time, we were still hooked at the Lekki toll gate traffic. Could already feel Akin's hot blood and so had to say Goodnight.

Understanding that life had a way of playing with both good and bad times, I was happy my friend had recognized me and gave me all the attention I needed in less than 20 mins but I was seriously weeping at the time I saw on my Instagram page that he had tagged me in this funny old picture we took about 15 years ago and captioned.........@olorioyinade, my first love. Am glad you're close to my heart again. 

 My heart SANK.




1 comment: